I’ve written a short article about the legend of the pirate, Captain Kidd for the History Matters section in the magazine, History Today. If you don’t have a copy of the magazine, you can read it online here for free. I wrote the article in response to the finding of his lost treasure off the coast of Madagascar on 7 May 2015.
- I found a letter of a young man, sentenced to hang for piracy at Execution Dock, written to his mother to comfort h… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 23 hours ago
- RT @SketchesbyBoze: age 12: Muppet Treasure Island is the greatest film of all time age 20: I can’t believe I ever liked this stupid movie… 23 hours ago
- RT @JewishWonk: Man have I got upsetting news for a lot of very concerned White people about why Black people have slaver ancestors. https:… 1 day ago
- So it turns out that getting up early and messing around twitter for a couple of hours wasn't just a PhD-student habit. #amwriting 1 day ago
- RT @WaterstonesPicc: A customer has just bought a 2021 calendar. Sir, we admire your optimism. 1 day ago